Saturday, October 5, 2013

One of those familiar nights

It's one of those familiar nights, where scenes of us flashed back like everything just happened yesterday. We would talk about our future without looking back, we would imagine paradise with just the two of us in the entire world. I was influenced by this movie that I had to watch for my film module. These two couple only had each other in their minds.

The man was down with debts left by his father and his ex-wife. The woman was just thinking about to be with him, but they can't be together yet.

SAM
  I'm fed up with sweating for people 
  who aren't there. I sweat to pay off 
  my father's debts... and he's in his 
  grave... I sweat to pay my ex-wife 
  alimony, and she's living on the 
  other side of the world somewhere.

    MARY
   (a smile)
  I pay, too. They also pay who meet 
  in hotel rooms.

    SAM
  A couple of years and the debts will 
  be paid off. And if she ever re-
  marries, the alimony stops... and 
  then...

    MARY
  I haven't even been married once 
  yet!

    SAM
  Yeah, but when you do... you'll swing.

    MARY
   (smiling, then with a 
   terrible urgency)
  Sam, let's go get married.

    SAM
  And live with me in a storeroom behind 
  a hardware store in Fairvale. We'll 
  have a lot of laughs. When I send my 
  ex-wife her money, you can lick the 
  stamps.

    MARY
   (a deep desperation)
  I'll lick the stamps.

 He looks at her, long, pulls her close, kisses her lightly, 
 looks out the window and stares at the wide sky.

    SAM
  You know what I'd like? A clear, 
  empty sky... and a plane, and us in 
  it... and somewhere a private island 
  for sale, where we can run around 
  without our... shoes on.  And the 
  wherewithal to buy what I'd like.
   (he moves away, 
   suddenly serious)
  Mary, you want to cut this off, go 
  out and find yourself someone 
  available.

    MARY
  I'm thinking of it.

    SAM
   (a cheerful shout)
  How can you even think a thing like 
  that!

    MARY
   (picking up handbag, 
   starting for door)
  Don't miss your plane.

    SAM
  Hey, we can leave together can't we?
 
We were once so sweet like that. Why would you throw something so beautiful away?

Dad and I changed into our new phones today. I got a iphone5S gold. We went to have lunch together at a restaurant. I haven't had family lunches together for a long time.

If I ever would have a family of my own, I would bring my family together everyday. Family is the most priceless thing in the entire world. I am born to love. I can have nothing, but my loved ones must feel like they've owned everything. They musn't go through what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment