Saturday, April 23, 2011

Prawning

We went to prawn in Pasir Ris! :D it's at Farmway 1. Wanted to locate another prawning place but we just couldnt be bothered.

& the super sad thing is that we only managed to catch 1 prawn (caught by me! :D ) after 1.5 hours slogging there. :( & sadly chew & yj didnt manage any. Nevertheless, the uncle took pity on us and gave us more prawns to bring home! HAHA!
& so i cooked them! Heh heh! The prawn broth looks so good! LOL.
& i snapped them up! I love fresh water prawns, they taste super juicy and sweet! though they look huge,by the time you rip their shells off, there really isn't much meat left.
& this is the one i caught. I decided to breed it, however to my shock, it died the next day, probably because it didnt have enough oxygen. At that point i decided to eat it & i did. but i felt a little guilty because it had been my pet for like 6 hours then. I feel a little barbaric. but it's its fate.

It wasnt as delicious. I wonder if it's my conscience gnawing me or the fact that it wasnt fresh since by the time i realised it was dead, it was a few hours ago ):

But i really like prawns. I'd love to keep them as pets. i love how this prawn jumps back to life after being mixed with dozens of other frozen prawn & fighting to stay alive. Still, it succumbed to his fate & decided to go.

I have the sudden urge to be a prawn breeder. HAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment