Saturday, April 16, 2011

the Aviation experience

I love planes as much as Sheldon loves trains. I love to fly on one. I love the heart sinking feeling when it's swooping down the atmosphere, & I share the same fondness for the taking-off mini adrenaline rush. I remembered how i used to tread on the aisle carefully up and down to retrieve some balance. I also recall the times when I chose to walk up and down and up and down as if i was walking on a travelator, just because i like it; it's as though i'm walking on clouds! The carpeted floor, the smell of new aircraft, the window seat, the pretty air stewardess, the free poker cards and toys & colouring sets, the packed food, the free-flow of orange juice, the incredulous view of geography beneath you, a closer distance to the Sun, everything. It's all in the package. I love every single bit of planes and plane rides.

Being an air stewardess was my ideal job, until i learnt i am probably too short and fat for them. Therefore i changed to being a teacher instead. I managed not to think about it until some time ago, when reading acnedotes on how awesome their lives are. I've heard stories about how falsely glorified this occupation is. Still, there's a part of me deep down which motivates me to feel like a stubborn child. It's a childhood fantasy nobody wants to let go.

Being fat, I can slim down. But being short? i don't think there's any way to get around this. ):
& worse part of all, i can't take my spects down. As tragic as all these flaws of mine sounds, it is ironically the factors which provides the stimulation fodder to want it more.

I can't get over the fact that I have to be desk-bound. True that being teachers I get to walk around, but going by this argument, I can easily dispute this by saying stewardesses are too, cabin-bound; but the stark difference is that they are deported to cabins all over the world & teachers are at best, deported all around Singapore.

): Guess the only thing to do now is to moan & wail & lament over the deficiencies of my physical attribues & await a miracle to strike; in the hopes that good karma is real & expendable in my lifetime.

Meanwhile, it remains a dream out of reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment