Monday, June 9, 2014

remnants of us



I flipped through our "folder". I saw receipts of our past dinner dates, things we bought in thailand, in new zealand, that awesome pokeno breakfast, those grocery shopping and everything we splurged on. The air ticket confirmations, the hobbiton land entry tickets, our hairs, our notes to each other when we met for the first few times, our polaroid pictures together, and as I screen through these things, frames of our past flashed through my head like a animated motion picture that brought me to the brink of tears.

I probably asked why am I still keeping all these? I know the answer.

Because these are all that's left of you, and what's left of us.

I've said it many times, and I'd say it again. One of the biggest failure of mine was not being able to keep your heart with me. I know I can take very good care of you. I worry everyday when you're not with me. I know you are independent. But I wished I still have that privilege.

you're so difficult to love. You reject all who love you. & yet, I haven't found it tiring.

I know you're worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment